Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hopelessly Hooked on Hats!

So, the nights are finally getting cold and people all over southern California are pulling their winter ware out of storage. I love the jackets, scarves, and mittens, but lately my obsession has been with hats! There are so many different kinds, almost some for every personality. Truthfully, I was never really a hat person until lately.  It may seem like fitting a hat into your wardrobe might be tricky, but it just takes a little practice. Most people choose not to wear hats because they only have one style in mind... and it's not theirs. But I'm here to tell you fall hopelessly in love with hats! There are a variety of styles I've been seeing out and about lately, especially as the weather cools. 

The first category of hat I want to talk about are the everyday hats. When I get up in the morning and try on the first two or three versions of what I want to wear that day, I always notice that I certain something is missing. Now, I'm no stranger to accessorizing my outfits, so I usually go through a couple rounds of trying on jewelry as well. But recently, a friend lent me some hats to try out and I have to say, I’m so thankful. Here are a couple uses of hats in everyday outfits. I think that they are the perfect item to enhance your look. 





As you can see, there are a variety of styles to choose from and each one helps tie together an outfit in a different way. If you find one that fits your personality, try and build your outfit around that piece. You may create something you didn’t even see in your wardrobe before.

Another category of hat is the winter hat. If the weather isn’t cool enough, these might give you a bad case of hat hair. They are functional in cold weather and give you that cozy feeling everyone needs every once in a while. Even winter hats have a wide variety of styles available for you to choose from.  Select something you feel comfortable in and don’t be afraid to try a more unconventional winter hat. Just because it’s functional, doesn’t mean it has to be unpleasant. 


During my last trip into Urban Outfitters, I found a couple that I really liked. It took some strong convincing from my wallet, not to buy them right then and there. Maybe you can find your new favorite winter hat there.  Here is a look at some of my favorites:

Hats off to you ladies! Happy Winter! 
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment